Kristen says...
Well, I failed.
Failure isn't something new for me, nor really something I fear (as one of my students told me the other day, "You don't learn from your successes, Miss, only your failures." I try to find comfort in that... ;) ...) but I can't say I like it much either...
So my failure to finish last years' 25 Motif Challenge is kind of bothering me...
It's not that I couldn't have...I made it to #19 officially (so close!) and tatted at least 4 other motifs as Christmas presents, but I didn't take pictures (duh) and didn't blog about them, so they don't really count...
HOWEVER, I am throwing my hat back in the ring. I have begun tatting again (finally!) and am happy to present my 2012 Motif #1:
It's Lyn Morton's 4-petal "Peggy" from her book Tatting PatternsI'm not totally proud of it (there is some weird twisting going on in the upper LH corner) but it's better than the nothing I tatted in January...
On an interesting note, I didn't feel the need to re-write the directions on this one...often when a pattern is written in the "long version" format (ex: "5DS, 5Ps, separated by 3DS, 5DS") I have to re-write it into the "short version" (5-5-5-5-5) before I begin tatting. This time, for whatever reason, the longer style worked for me without the re-write...so hopefully I won't be so intimidated by that style of pattern anymore, or spend (more time that I'd like to admit) "translating" patterns...
Anyway, 1 down, 24 to go! I WILL finish this year!
KF
On an interesting note, I didn't feel the need to re-write the directions on this one...often when a pattern is written in the "long version" format (ex: "5DS, 5Ps, separated by 3DS, 5DS") I have to re-write it into the "short version" (5-5-5-5-5) before I begin tatting. This time, for whatever reason, the longer style worked for me without the re-write...so hopefully I won't be so intimidated by that style of pattern anymore, or spend (more time that I'd like to admit) "translating" patterns...
Anyway, 1 down, 24 to go! I WILL finish this year!
KF
Kristen - I think it's beautiful! Remember to enjoy the process! If 24 is too many - don't worry about it! Love you! Mom
ReplyDeleteI think your motif looks really nice!! :)
ReplyDelete