8/22/12
Kristen says...
Hi!
For the past two weeks I have been in Iowa visiting the Iowa State Fair (first time in 3 years!!) and seeing my little brother get married and quite often wishing I had the ability to update my blog like I do my Facebook...only this evening did it pop into my head to get a Blogger app! Yay!
So hopefully I will be able to update this a bit more often!
As I said, I decamped from the DC area for a few weeks because I've been promising myself that if I were in the continental US I would go to the Iowa State Fair, no matter what. I've talked about the Fair before but have not been since the blog was started, which is a MAJOR bummer because I LOVE the Fair!
I mean, who wouldn't with great stuff like this:
 |
| Chocolate-dipped chocolate chip cookie dough on a stick! |
 |
| My nephew AND a Fair Square! |
 |
| A chocolate moose! |
 |
| A huge pumpkin! |
 |
| Cotton candy! |
 |
| A red ribbon! |
 |
| Weird vegetables! |
 |
| Cast your kernel for the president! |
And more! There is also horseshoe throwing, a cow made of butter, big pigs, cows, and rams, baby animals being born, acres of campers, 57 foods on a stick, basically anything you can think of is at the Fair!!! I went 6 of the 10 days and REALLY enjoyed myself. It is one of the
1000 Things to See Before You Die... :)
Chris was not able to join me at the Fair because he had classes (sniff), but he did fly out to Omaha and then drive 6 hours to join me for my brother Timothy's wedding! My whole family went to Valentine, Nebraska to celebrate the occasion.
 |
| This was the view from my seat at the ceremony |
 |
| Cutest ring bearers EVER!! |
 |
| Katie and Timothy! |
 |
| I missed Chris! |
 |
| My entire family! |
It was a great two weeks, but it's nice to be back in DCland and back to focusing on our upcoming adventure! I start
Russian language classes in just a few weeks!
KF
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love reading your comments about our crazy adventures!