20.II.13
Kristen says...
Happy Birthday to my Daddy! :)
Are you noticing a pattern with our posts? We seem to be doing a lot of walking, which is AWESOME, after two years of forced inside-ness in Honduras.
We had a request for pictures of our evening stroll, and the honest answer is "I didn't take my camera..." Oops. :)
BUT, the next day we took another walk, in the daytime, with our cameras. So I have some more pictures for you. :)
One of the things I LOVE about Vladivostok is all the public art. There are many painted murals and metallic art around the city:
 |
| Stairway art |
 |
| I love the old dresses near the old house |
 |
| It's the city's Coat of Arms incorporated into a block-long mural |
 |
| The old trolley rails run about 10 feet away from this mural. They are just outside the side of the picture (and covered with snow!) |
 |
| Paintings and metalwork. One of the paintings says "Thanks to the World" in Russian |
 |
| Metal version of the Coat of Arms |
 |
| We're not entirely sure what the story is behind this one...but it's neat, and publicly available to view |
There are also some public monuments near us:
And this...so excited!
 |
| (It's hard to see, and obviously if you don't read Russian you won't know that it says "Vladivostok Christian Methodist Church." Excited to check that out some Sunday!) |
We also saw some other fun things on our walk:
 |
| All I could think of was the first line of the Monkee's "The Poster" when I saw these... :) |
 |
| Who says having bars on your window has to look ugly? |
We have also had a little bit of work done inside the house...this is what the Maisy Room looked like last night...
But, on a less happy note, guess what I found after my shower this morning...
Sigh. :)
KF
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love reading your comments about our crazy adventures!