Thursday, September 15, 2011

5 Motifs for a 5-Day Weekend! (Motifs #s 15-19!)

15/9/11
Kristen says...

Happy Honduran Independence Day! Today marks the 190th Anniversary of Honduras' independence from Spain, and the 2nd year in a row that I get a 5-day weekend from school! :)


I thought I would take this opportunity to catch up on some of the things I haven't been doing lately...SO, we currently have NO dirty laundry, there is fresh bread in the freezer, I've finished one book and started 2 more, AND, I started and finished 5 tatting motifs this afternoon!!!

I have quite a library of tatting books (and, to be honest, of books in general,) so I thought I would spend some time using them today...I've always really liked the little book called "Tatting: Patterns and Designs" by Gun Blomqvist and Elwy Persson because of the way they show images of their motifs:
It's like a progression, easier to harder or something. It makes me want to do them all in a row, which is what I did today :)
Number 1
Number 2Number 3Number 4
Number 5
It's my own progression! :)
We also have had some lovely weather on this 5-day weekend; lots of rain. And here in Honduras, rain means spectacular rainbows (as seen above and below):
Hope you're all having a great weekend!
KF

1 comment:

We love reading your comments about our crazy adventures!