Thursday, December 16, 2010

10 Days of Chris-less...

16/12/10
Kristen says...

Happy Birthday Mommy!! :)

Well, as the title says, I have been Chris-less the past 10 days...Chris went back to Iowa last Tuesday to spend some actual face-time with his co-workers (and, I think, to make me jealous from all the Iowa-related things he's been doing). Not that I'm in a hurry to leave Teguc for the holidays, but there are a few things I am excited about seeing:

1) My Husband. 10 Days is a long time!!
2) My Parents. 5 Months is a long time!!
3) My Nephew! He is 17 days old today!!
4) My siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, past co-workers, and everyone else I will be seeing over the break!!
5) Baby Boomers, Centro, India Star, and all the delicious Des Moines restuarants!!
6) SNOW!!

But, of course, there are things I will miss, even for the short time I will be gone:
1) Pupusas, baliadas, and all the other Honduran-ish foods that I have come to love over the past few months. (And yes, I know Pupusas are Salvadoran)
2) Friends. I have a lot of friends here, and I will, of course, miss them.
3) Pip. He's staying with friends who are going to take really good care of him, but I really hate leaving him behind. (But I think he hates flying more).
4) Warm-ish weather. As excited as I am for snow, the cold weather that comes with it will not be as nice. (Although I will have the appropriate clothing for it there, which I am somewhat lacking in here...it's been pretty cold the past few weeks!)
5) And a lot of other things too. I really like living in Honduras!

So what have I done to keep myself busy during my 10 days of Chris-less?
Well, of course there was school. I had to grade speeches in 1 class, presentations in 3 classes, and tests in four, not to mention daily work, review games to prepare, and narratives to write. So I have been very busy.

I also had friends who were kind enough to invite me to leave my house every once in a while (I'm a bit of a homebody). I had dinner, saw a movie, went shopping in Valle de Angeles, and attended the Russian Ballet on Ice and a baby shower. I also helped put on a holiday party for a group of kids from Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos last Saturday, which was nice but EXHAUSTING! (I have pictures, but they are on my phone still. I will get them put up a bit later.)

So, it hasn't been totally miserable, (well, except for the nights--I hate sleeping in an empty house) and I got a lot of snuggle-time with Pip, but overall I am SO HAPPY that today is my last Chris-less day, and I get to fly home tomorrow!!

My plan is to blog while I'm home, but I won't make any promises...I'm pretty sure we'll be very busy making up for 5 months of absence.

To all our readers, Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah/Hanukkah, Happy Kwanza, or just enjoy the time you have off from work or school. Thank you for the gift of your reading and comments this past year...it has been fun to interact with you over the Internet!

I hope you all have the best 2011!

KF

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love reading your comments about our crazy adventures!