Friday, March 4, 2011

Where's Waldo???? or Chris...

Image courtesy of findwaldo.com






Yes, Chris is still here and alive.

No excuses for not blogging. But, I did think of the image above this morning when I decided I was actually going to write today. Hope you can find Waldo...

I can't even remember what I was up to the last time I wrote on this blog....but here's some random stuff that I've done or thought about since October....yeah, its been almost 6 months since I've blogged.

Thanksgiving was sweet. Highlights: Awesome people! We had awesome people invite us over for the event. People at the event were awesome...mix of cultures - very cool! Setting - I think it was in the 70s (F)....and we ate outside. This was pretty cool for an Iowa kid who is used at least needing a long sleeve shirt during November. Banana trees....really? Yes, Banana trees at Thanksgiving dinner...again, kind of a surreal experience. Uh....last but definitely not least, at some point in the dinner there were 3 different conversations going on in 3 different languages: English, German, and Spanish. I thought to myself, this is (at least) part of what Thanksgiving is supposed to be about. Multiple people/cultures/backgrounds coming together to celebrate all that we are/were thankful for.

Month of December = home for the holidays, etc - Good to be back. Below are some of the highlights in no particular order.

Baby Bock is born - awesome, first time I'm an uncle :)

Chris gets back to work (physically) at PFG. Sees all his friends/coworkers and visits the Royal Mile a number of times. Ahh, the British really know how to make some good beer!

See all the family - both Kristen's and mine. Good to be able to hug and shake hands.

I turn 27... weird part for me is that I can remember thinking when I was like 15 or so, "When I'm 25, I'll be a grown-up". I'm 2 years after that point now and I can definitely say - I'm not a grown-up yet...whatever that means.

 Jesus has a birthday.

Don't think I can top the last item there, so I'll move on to January-now...

January - Now:

Lots of reflection/thinking in addition to trips to Amapala and taking care of Princess the Schitzu.

More on reflection, etc to come later (it will prompt me for another blog post - I've got some catching up to do with the number of Kristen's blogs)...


adios...

3 comments:

  1. I found him!! It helps if you click on the picture, then it opens in a new window and you can use the little zoom tool :)

    Welcome back, Mr. Fink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Waldo is the one jumping in the water with his shoes on...hmmmmm, who would do something like that??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Chris!It's fun to hear what you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments about our crazy adventures!