Saturday, July 30, 2011

Motifs 11 (Finally!) and 12...

30/07/11
Kristen says...

...and I made #13, but I forgot to take a picture, so it doesn't count... :)

Anyway, I finished the Celtic Sugar and Spice Doily I was working on before vacation...

The last time you saw it, it looked like this:
But it wasn't finished, oh no! Next I added another double-color layer thus (and I think this is where the "Celtic" part comes in)
I always think it's hard to do an entire row of chains, and this was really quite tricky to get them to overlap correctly...after all that work it was nice to have a "simple" green row afterwards...
I think the hardest/most tedious part was the next row; maroon split-rings...I kept having to add thread! It too forever! I got really sick of it! I was so annoyed that I didn't take a picture before moving on to the last part! But I guess it looks fine...

The last part was tan and required some beading...I chose the blue beads because I thought they matched pretty well with the blue thread, and because the blue hadn't used very recently...
So there it is...here's a picture of the whole thing:
And here's a picture of it at the Southern Iowa Fair...
I'm very proud of this doily, and was even before it won that big purple ribbon...that was just sort of the icing on the cake...

I also entered into the Fair Motif #12, a stupid little bookmark I made just for fun, and which I really don't even like...Yes, ridiculously enough, I was 2 for 2 in the Southern Iowa Fair Needles and Threads categories...
I'm also trying my luck at the Iowa State Fair...I doubt I'll win anything there, but it will be fun to have them entered, nevertheless...

I started last night on another doily, and I'll be sure to post it when it done. I might also start making a few more little motifs just so I make sure I get to 25 before the end of the year!! :)

KF

6 comments:

  1. That doily is so stunning! You hardly ever see anything very colorful. Congrats on the ribbons ^_^ those are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really beautiful! Congrats!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your ribbons! Your doily is beautiful - I love how you used the colors.
    Good luck at the State Fair too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Great doily and nice bookmark! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! You tatting people are my favorites because you comment! :) I appreciate all your feedback! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The doily is lovely! Very eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments about our crazy adventures!