Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Motifs #s 9, 10, and on the road to 11! (oh, and some cute Honduran kids)

1/6/2011
Kristen says...

I have been doing some tatting too!! :)

I have three large balls of this kind of uglyish tan yarn, so I figured I'd better start using it...just for fun, I thought I'd try this triangle motif (#9)
...it worked so well in tan that I thought I'd use it to make a doily thingy. The doily starts with these two triangles and motif #10, this pretty wine-colored circle:
Then I put the triangles and the circle together. Here's the back:
Then I added a new color and a new round. I'm not counting this as another motif, because I consider it just one step on the way to the finished product...here's the front and the new color:
And another color and another round:
And another...(it was a long weekend, and they went pretty quickly)
And the last, from the front and the back:












Well, there it is, so far...there's a few more rounds to go, and I will share them with you when they're completed...(by the way, I'm working on the Celtic Sugar and Spice Doily out of Tina Neudorf's "Needle Tatting from the Heart".)

What's your opinion so far?? I'd love to know your opinion of the color scheme...

Also, just for kicks, here are some cute kids from our orphanage trip on Sunday:












KF

5 comments:

  1. That doily is exceptional! Such a cool pattern and colors.

    My dad's side migrated from Egypt to Honduras probably 90 years ago, and he was the first one born in the US, so, we have very strong roots in Honduras! It's very interesting to read your blogs from there.

    (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying the blog! (And sorry we've been so lax about updating it lately!) And thanks for the color feedback...I'm really liking how the doily is turning out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beautiful colorful doily! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful works Kristen!!! You have to see mine! A big kiss for you two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'm impressed. My grandmother tatted and taught me a million years ago, but I have totally forgotten how. It's really beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments about our crazy adventures!