Thursday, August 30, 2012

It's (almost) Fall!

8/30/12
Kristen says...

I was out walking Pip this morning (oh to have a backyard!) and in-between bouts of grumbling I took the time to revel in the fact that my feet were crunching dead leaves and I felt comfortable (rather than overly warm) in my long pants and hoodie...and I realized, it is (almost) FALL!

After two years of the tropics I am so happy to have fall back!

Fall has always been my favorite time of the year:
-Football!
-Cooler weather!
-Pretty colors!
-My birthday! ;)

Honduras was a beautiful country, but it didn't have the change of seasons that I was used to in Iowa. And, since we were in Honduras to follow the school calendar, and since there isn't much time off in the fall, I have been missing my favorite season for the past two years (except for that whole going home for Homecoming thing last year, which was AWESOME and fun, but really short).

So the weather is a little cooler, the leaves are starting to fall, and tonight we are gong to watch a high school football game! I am used to Friday night lights in Iowa, but I have been doing research and found that the local teams play on Thursdays here...so Chris and I have decided to "adopt" one of the local teams and go to all their games...fun!

Sorry I don't have some nice fall photos for you...maybe next time! :)
KF

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love reading your comments about our crazy adventures!