Thursday, December 31, 2009

This year in Tegucigalpa!!

12/31/09--Last post of the Old Year!
Kristen says:

OK so it's not quite the New Year, but I fully intend to be in bed at about 12:05 AM so I thought I'd write this now.

By the time anyone reads this, it will be 2010, the actual year that we will be leaving Iowa and moving to Honduras!! This year we're in Osky, hanging out at my parents' house, playing games (ugh), watching the Iowa State v. Minnesota bowl game (YAY STATE!) and eating a lot of junk food (yum!) I'm starting to contemplate about what next year's "celebration" will be like.

I'm kind of on the fence about coming home for the holidays next year...on one hand, it will be weird to be away for my first holiday ever, but on the other...I get so grumpy around the holidays that a change might be nice. Plus, we only get one "free" trip home every two years...so I don't know how much money I want to pay to be miserable...

On Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve (with Ryan Seacrest--seriously, what doesn't that guy do?) they showed the New Year celebrations from all the places in the world that have already had their 12:00 come and go...I'm interested to see what New Years' celebrations are like in Honduras...quiet? like the US? Will we be watching Ryan and Dick (if he's still alive) next year? It will be weird to be so far from home, yet in the same time zone and everything.

Who knows...anyway, Happy 2010 to everyone...I hope your New Year will be as full of fun and adventure as I hope ours will be!

KF

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love reading your comments about our crazy adventures!