Tuesday, June 22, 2010

14 Days!,

¡Catorce Dias!

News for today:
Pip is flying down with us after all (at least as of today). Talked to a very nice gentleman at Continental who was very helpful! Thanks Patrick! On that note, for those of you flying internationally with a pet or maybe even within the continental United States, I have a few suggestions:
  1. Call the "pet desk" or cargo desk for your airline first. Book your pet's flight first - then call in for your reservation (you'll save yourself re-booking fees).
  2. Never take the first answer you get as gospel. If you don't get the answer you're looking for and it is proving more difficult than you think it should be - keep calling back and explain your situation. Eventually you will get in contact with a wise old man who has been helping people in your situation for years.
  3. Confirm, and re-confirm everything you hear. Be sure to note the people you are talking to so if you need to call in again - you can ask for that same person, or make sure the person you are talking to understands that you are not just making rules up and you actually did talk to one of the airline's reps.
I really do recommend Continental for this stuff even though our experience seems to be less than consistent.

Recommendation for the airlines (as if some CEO is reading our blog): Airline reservation/ticketing customer service reps should be knowledgeable about the pet/cargo standards, etc. And, if they can't answer your question - they should be able to transfer you to someone who can and then when the pet/cargo concerns are taken care of you should be able to get back with the reservation people to make sure all needs of the customer have been fulfilled in 1 transaction. Unfortunately, this experience of shipping Pip has been disconnected and, like I said - not very consistent.

More to come...

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I just stumbled upon your blog somehow, and I wanted to "introduce" myself. I'm an expat living in Tegus as well (I've been here 2 years). I also brought my dog down from the states....I wish I'd found you sooner so I could have given you advice! Anyway, feel free to check out my blog at http://adventuresofhannahandcharlie.blogspot.com/, and feel free to send me any questions you have about coming down here...I get them a lot and don't mind at all! :) Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments about our crazy adventures!