Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One Week Gone...

22/6/11
Kristen says...

I can't believe we've been in the States for an entire week already!

And believe it or not, it's gone surprisingly slowly...which is awesome! I have had a ton of time with my family (especially my nephew Ezra! He's 6 months old and SOOOO cute!) and just...a ton of time...I haven't really DONE anything, which is awesome...and very decadent...I am sure I will feel a little bad about this at some point, but right now I am loving it!!!

I was also surprised at how long it took me to lose my "Spanish-brain"...even though I was always kind of bad at Spanish anyway, I have still found myself ordering "jugo de manzana" instead of apple juice, and saying "permiso" rather than "excuse me"...so I'm hopeful that my Spanish won't totally be gone by the time I get back to Honduras.

I am DEFINITELY missing Pip...I had my first Pip-dream last night, which means he's been on my mind a lot...but he's staying with good friends, so I'm sure everything is good with him.

Anyway, that's all then news that's fit to print...I will try to keep updating once we've actually done something...we have trips to the Lake of the Ozarks and Chicago coming up, so there's something for you to look forward to. :)

KF

5 comments:

  1. Incredible that one would order jugo instead of juice after a year abroad.

    Porcho

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! And they call the dog "Pip"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, he's a literary dog...named after the main character of the book "Great Expectations"

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments about our crazy adventures!