Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 20...

Chris Says:

Day 20 is here, and on day 21 - I will learn what my fate is (at least currently, at PFG). The senior management folks have setup meetings to inform staff....so tomorrow around 3pm, I'll have some information......and I have a feeling it will be 'OK' news. Not wonderful: 'Chris, we're going to keep you around forever and you'll make $million/year' but not horrible either: 'Chris, sorry - you are a horrible resource and there is no way we're going to spend one more dime on you! GOODBYE, AND HAVE FUN IN HONDURAS!' I think the news will be closer to: 'Chris, we anticipate needing you in your role until 3rd quarter 2012 and after that point in time you will be transitioned to X role.' or 'Chris, we anticipate needing you in your role until 3rd quarter 2012 and after that point in time you're on your own to find another position inside or outside the company'.

I'll let you know what happens....keep your fingers, toes and eyes crossed for me.

Other than PFG - we have some visitors getting in tomorrow. Michelle and Nate are coming down, hooray! I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures and stories of our coming days together.

Also on my brain this afternoon (after looking over our blog postings) is the fact that we've been down here for 4+ months now! Amazing! It does not seem like it has been that long at all....I'm impressed, as I think back, how successful this whole thing has been. It has certainly been a change and a challenge - but one that has been overall, a very good thing. The experiences we've had, people we've met, etc - all awesome stuff, I can't wait to see what new stuff comes our way in the next 4 months.

Stay tuned for the final details for this month of uncertainty!

1 comment:

  1. Yea! PFG got it right!!!

    XOXO Mom

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments about our crazy adventures!