Thursday, June 7, 2012

Motifs 9-18! Believe it!

7/6/12
Kristen says...

Hello again everyone!

Yes, you saw correctly above, I completed 10 MOTIFS this week!!

How did I have time for all that tatting?

Well, two reasons:

1) They are motifs, after all, and are much much faster to make than doilies that take more time :)
2) It is the last week of school, and I've had quite a bit of time on my hands, since most of the kids are gone so I have had a lot of just me-and-the-classroom time, which I naturally filled with tatting. :)

      
Here I am on my last day of school, with our pretty new Honduran trunk and our old map of the world :)
 I'm still working out of Gun Blomqvist and Elwy Persson's Tatting: Patterns and Designs...for the most part:
Number 9
Number 10
Number 11
Number 12
Number 13
Number 14
Number 15
Number 16 (and my favorite!)
Number 17 (this one really needs blocking!)
Number 18 (My second favorite)
And this is the mystery project...I will let you know when it's finished :)
None of these motifs have real names, just numbers, but they're mostly in the book. :)

So there you have it! :) A week's worth of work and I'm just one motif away from where I stopped last year...and it's just June! I WILL get to 25 this year, I am sure of it! :)

KF

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have been busy!! :)
    They are all good! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments about our crazy adventures!