Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sentimental?

Chris says...

I think sentimental is the correct adjective to describe my emotion tonight. On the whole, Honduras has been a very rewarding - though sometimes frustrating experience.  708 days - that's how long we have been here....amazing. Just shy of 2 years by the time we jet back to the States. I continue to say, if we had to do it all over again - I think we'd make the same decision. I'm happy to be going home (if only briefly), but sad to be leaving the place we've called our home for the past 2 years.

At some point, I will be anxious to come back and see how things have changed, or stayed the same. Possibilities for Honduras' future are enormous and so are the challenges. It strikes me the same could likely be said about any country in the world - at any time in history. As cliche as this may sound, Honduras' future will be what Hondurans make of it. I'm hopeful Hondurans make the most of it. This is a beautiful country.

1 comment:

  1. Sentimental!
    Hola>>
    Un buen pensamiento que nace de tu experiencia vivida. lo que mas me gusta es como hace referencia de mi pais, Honduras.
    Gracias!

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments about our crazy adventures!