Friday, July 9, 2010

Just a quick note...

Over the past few days, wow - a lot of new experiences, and I love it!

One experience that I have to blog about is the weather.

Back in Iowa, I'm definitely a Fall weather kinda guy. It's a time for (American) Football, sweatshirts, harvest, and just all around goodness. I'm usually pretty warm blooded - and by that I mean (in Iowa) I'm maybe only actually "cold" half a dozen times a year. So, moving to Honduras wasn't just going to be a new experience culturally - I was a little nervous about how I would handle the weather.

A few days into it - and I've got to say, it is quite pleasant. It can definitely get stuffy, but turn a fan on or wait 10 minutes and you'll likely cool down with a breeze - we are in the mountains. I have not yet experienced what I would call "Iowa State Fair hot/humid weather".....if you don't know what I'm talking about, you need to go to the Iowa State Fair in a hot Iowa August. In fact, the fair is 1 of the 1,000 things that you're supposed to do before you die (at least that's what everyone in Iowa says). Ok, off of the Iowa rant.....

One other thing, we are in a "rainforest" - or at least there is rainforest around us, and so far it has rained every day we've been here. Usually, in Iowa - I would be depressed if it had rained 4 days in a row. However, rain (at least the kind we've experienced so far) in Honduras is more like a 15 - 20 minute shower - sometimes even just a mist (reminds me of the vegetable aisle in grocery stores up in the States when the water the vegetables to keep them fresh). These rain showers are both preceded and followed by sunshine.....which is different in my head than what I typically experienced in Iowa. Usually, in Iowa (at least in my head) if it is going to rain, its pretty crappy/rainy weather the whole day. That is to say, maybe its not raining the entire day, but its cloudy and generally less than desirable weather. In Honduras though, I find the rain showers very pleasant (yes, I'm saying that again).

Alright, enough for now. For those of you that are reading - please comment if you want to hear about something specifically. Honestly, there is so much we could talk about, its hard to know what we should blog about...

1 comment:

  1. If you guys get the chance to zip line over the rainforest you need to do it. It is awesome! FYI... I got the QA job in IT. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments about our crazy adventures!