Friday, August 15, 2014

The August Break Day 15: Blue

15.8.14
Kristen says...

I got something interesting in the mail this week:

If you're not one of the Drake University graduates who was suckered into paying over $70 for this [ :) ] you probably don't know what it is. 

This alumni directory is the closest thing to a college yearbook I will have and something that intriniscally links my grandmother and myself, since we both graduated from the university, 55 years apart. 

Blue always reminds me of Drake. Things are bought in Drake blue. I ran on the blue oval (Drake's track) as a kid, in high school, and worked there as a journalism student during the Drake Relays telecast. I enjoyed my time at Drake so much that I went back two years after my first graduation for another Drake degree (my third). Good times. 

I'm not much for reunions, and not very good at keeping in touch (a total failing in a person who is constantly moving around and saying goodbye) but it has been interesting to see names of people I haven't thougth about for a while...

Go Drake 

KF



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love reading your comments about our crazy adventures!