Thursday, August 7, 2014

The August Break Day 7: Today is...

8.7.14
Kristen says...

Today is..the first day of the Iowa State Fair. 

And I am in Russia. 

Waaaaaahhhhhhh!!! :'(

I so love going to the Iowa State Fair, and I am so sad that I am missing it this year.

The 10 days of the Fair are my favorite 10 days  of the year...when I am in Iowa. When I am not...I hate them. :)

I know I should be comforted by the fact that I was able to go the past two years, and I will be...in October or so. But not now. 

Anyway, today is... the day I decided I would start a tradition for all the years I am not able to make it back for the Fair. 

I have decided to torture myself by re-reading the book "State Fair" by Phil Strong and watching the Rodgers and Hammerstein film of the same name...


At least that way I can be there for a few hours. That plus my friends' Facebook photos should get me through until next year when I'm in Australia...sob!

KF

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love reading your comments about our crazy adventures!