Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The August Break Day 26: Morning

26.8.14
Kristen says...

I am not much of a morning person. Chris definitely is--he is up with the sun (or earlier!) but often I just can't seem to get myself up and going. 

Hence my alarm clock:

The theory is, if I "accidentally" turn of the first alarm, the second will wake me up...granted it's just a theory and has yet to be proven. It's just as easy to turn off one alarm as it is two!

I think the big priblem has to do with light. You see, we are on "eternal summer" here, which means a few years ago Russia sprung forward and never fell back. That coupled with our latitude (longitude?) means it stays light until late, but also doesn't get light very early. In the winter we don't see the sun until well after 9 am, which is the time we start working, but the sun stays up until after 7 in the summer and after 10 some nights in the summer. 

It's wacky, and messes with my sleep patterns. 

Oh well. At least I like my alarm ringtone--every morning I wake up to "Good Day Sunshine" by the Beatles!

It's the little things :)
KF

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love reading your comments about our crazy adventures!