Monday, August 4, 2014

The August Break Day 4: Orange

4.8.14
Kristen says...

Orange is my favorite color.

It has been since 6th grade when, for no particular reason, I decided I liked orange better than any other color and it has been my color of choice ever since. Hooray for Day 4!

For the past year and a half I have been bemoaning the fact that there is no cream cheese in Russia. Sour cream, sure, whipping cream, yes, even two kinds of feta cheese and tofu, but cream cheese? Nyet.

Well my friends I am happy to say cream cheese can now be found in Vladivostok!!

Sure, it comes in giant 1500g tubs, but still...happy happy Kristen.

So far I've made some mini-cheesecakes and the delicious orange (colored, not flavored) cream cheese mints above.

Fun (and random) fact, despite absolutely loving cream cheese mints (and having them at my wedding, though sadly I didn't get any since they were so good everyone else at them) this is only the second time I've made them the first being this past summer with my sister-in-law and niece:

Oh, did you think I'd forgotten about the amazing summer I just had and only told you about half of? Never fear, the second half of the summer is coming soon... :)

KF

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love reading your comments about our crazy adventures!