Sunday, August 3, 2014

The August Break Day 2: Pattern

2.8.14
Kristen says...

Saturdays are usually lazy days for us here in Vladivostok...our pattern, you could say, is to do nothing...

Well, actually usually we watch movies and I tat or bake, but in the end pretty much nothing happens. :)

Today's photo word is pattern, so I thought I would post a picture of the attting pattern I completed today, according to our pattern of what we do on Saturdays (ooh, it's doubly appropriate!)


Pretty cool, huh? It's a pattern called "Ferns" from a Dutch tatter named Ben Fikkert. It's a deceptively hard pattern and the final product is far from perfect...especially since it is supposed to be a flat doily, not a candy dish...

But I actually like how it turned out, and I learned a lot by doing it, so I am calling it a win! :)

KF

4 comments:

  1. Well I love it. Great idea making a fruit bowl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was my plan all along...? :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I nearly missed this. It looks great! I thought the WIP looked interesting, but I didn't realise it was going to be 3D. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it wasn't supposed to be 3D...it just turned out that way...I kind of like it though...flaws and all. :)

      Delete

We love reading your comments about our crazy adventures!