Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The August Break Day 19: Black + White

19.8.14
Kristen says...

It's summer turnover season here and quite a few officers are leaving post. Part of my job here is to help make sure the houses are cleaned and readied for the next officers to come in. The best part is that I get to see the inside of some of the houses I haven't been in, or the rest of the houses I have been in. It is amazing how different each house is. 

One of my favorite "finds" in one of the houses had been this black + white piano:

It is old and REALLY out of tune, but all the keys work and it is really pretty, especially the carving on the front:

I played piano off and on for a few years when I was in elementary school, but didn't enjoy it enough to continie theough the busyness of jr. high and high school...still, I remember a few songs, so I sat down to play a bit...

Good thing the piano was so out of tune, I was able to blame all my mistakes on the piano!! :) 

KF

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love reading your comments about our crazy adventures!