Friday, August 8, 2014

The August Break Day 8: Selfie

8.8.14
Kristen says...

Selfies are ridiculously overpopular here. That "Let me take a selfie" song plays constantly on the radio, Russian women constantly stop on the street to snap their own picture...there is even a new club that opened last week called Selfie!

I'm personally not a big fan of taking pictures of myself (I prefer to have others take them for me!) but sometimes there isnobody  around so it's selfie or busy!


Friday is my "afternoon" day at work, usually I talk to my family in the morning, but since most of them are at the Iowa State Fair (sniff!) I didn't have anybody to talk to. 

I decided to go do something instead of sitting around the house and sulking. 

One of my Russian co-workers told me about an Indian goods market that is going on this weekend, so I decided to go check it out. The market was being held in what seemed like a school gymnasium and has lots of goods, including clothing, jewelry, fabrics and other Indian imports. It was really fun, and I even brought home a few goodies for myself!







Here is another selfie with the orange, green, yellow and blue shirt I bought in the background! :)


Such fun!
KF

2 comments:

  1. WOW, what a lot of lovely things to buy!!!! The rugs are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was hard not to buy everything...but I have to save money for tatting books, right? :)

      Delete

We love reading your comments about our crazy adventures!